Thursday, February 28, 2013

Little Hunnys

Do you ever watch the cake boss, cupcake war, and all those other shows where they showcase beautiful, great looking cakes and cupcakes?  It is almost hard to imagine cutting through them, eating them , just thinking how many hours they spent designing, decorating those babies!  We all watched them, we all got inspired and maybe most if not all actually went out and bought gadgets thinking I can do that!

Then you actually went out bought and realized, they are not cheap.  Looking at the price tag bakeshops sell them for, hey it's still worth it.  Then you went and designed it...total fail LOL.  For those very talented and gifted, it works, for some, oh well it just doesn't.  We always look for that one special place or person who can actually make the best cake, does not cost your arms and legs and tastes amazing!

I attended this birthday one summer, to capture him smashing the cake.  This is a Thomas the train themed birthday party, sure was a blast.  Like always, posted them on my facebook fan page www.facebook.com/kristinewahnerphotography  and tagged the people who are there.

                               Copyright Kristine Wahner Photography 2013
                     Copyright Kristine Wahner Photography 2013
 
                                          
     Birthday boy with his momma.Copyright Kristine Wahner Photography 2013

Shortly after these images were posted, I discovered and met the person behind the awesome cake.  Linda Caro of Little Hunnys.  From this moment, a beautiful business and friendship blossomed from a simple networking.  This is why, I always recommend networking with local vendors in your area.  But my rule of thumb is to ALWAYS respect their time, and value their ideas, and try to always work with their schedule.  It takes two to tango, respect is important.  Remember that we are all raising and supporting a family.

Little Hunnys and Kristine Wahner Photography have teamed up together to provide mutual and future clients only quality products and services.  I have only heard great reviews, Linda is very easy to work with, sweet, passionate and very talented. 

I made a little Q&A with Ms. Linda herself to get to know her more for you readers out there.  I know you are all dying to meet her!

Kristine:What made you start the business?

Linda: I had been decorating cakes for my family and when we would have parties people would tell me to start a business. After hearing it so much, I finally decided to do it.

Kristine:What or who is/are your inspiration/s?

Linda: My kids are really my inspiration for doing cakes. To see how happy they are when they see the cake I have created for them, it's all worth it. They can tell me exactly what they want on their cake, no matter how crazy, and I will create it for them. I love the fact that I am able to do this for my children.

Kristine:How did you learn baking?

Linda: I learned the basics of baking from my Mom when I was younger. Once I was on my own I would learn by trial and error.

Kristine:Aside from baking, what other things do you love to make or do?

Linda: side from baking, I love to cook. Anything and everything. I love to try out new recipes. I also love scrapbooking. It's time consuming but it's worth it because you look back and see the beautiful work you did surrounding your memories. 

Kristine: Have you had any challenges and how do you deal with it?

Linda: I have had several challenges in the beginning with using fondant. I make my own marshmallow fondant for every cake that I make. It is very time consuming and sometimes even though the recipe is the same, the outcome would be different. Now that I have been making it and decorating with it for so long, I know how to use it more effectively. I know what to do and what not to do so that I get the same results every time. And if it doesn't work properly, I take a deep breath in, and start all over.

Kristine: Any advice for aspiring bakers out there?

Linda: My advice is to keep going, and to not give up. Make sure to measure ingredients and write down recipes when you try them out. Keeping sure to make notes so that you can adjust your recipe if need be.


Thank you for your time responding to all these questions Linda!  Linda is a wife and great mom to 3 of her kids.  Busy, busy mom!

Below are the images of some of her amazing cakes.  These are provided by Linda herself.











 If you are looking to book her please e-mail her directly, she gets booked pretty quickly!  Follow her on her facebook fan page https://www.facebook.com/littlehunnys and check her website to contact her directly www.littlehunnys.net.  Little Hunnys is located at Escondido, CA but will do a delivery with delivery charge.




www.kristinewahnerphotography.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment