Saturday, January 26, 2013

Welcome

WELCOME


Hi, my name is Kristine Wahner, mother of two kids and married to my bestfriend Mark. I grew up from the beautiful Philippines Islands. Coming from a struggling country, I feel blessed to have educated parents who worked hard and gave me and my siblings a path to college and the opportunity to live in the United States. Now as a US Citizen, I feel I am living the American Dream. In the Philippines we had our own family operated Photography business. Back then, we still processed in film so we used a dark room and chemicals. At that time, my motivation was not into the photography business. I was more focused on pursuing my college degree in Business Management which I achieved. We had to sell the business when the opportunity to live in the United States as permanent residents became available.


Starting fresh is never easy especially in a new country. We lived in a one bedroom apartment, shopped at thrift stores to stretch living expenses. I washed dishes for work so that I could have work experience in the United States. After that I worked for two hotels, and two banks. The banking industry had me entertained for 8 years. I was successful and was on top of my game.
 

Later on, I realized I was no longer happy. I looked for other career options which I also loved to do as a hobby such as catering desserts, tutu making, and photography. Having two little ones and a full-time job, I was not very lucky with my ventures except the latter. My sister also decided to start photography when her husband gave her a new DSLR. My husband,  who is very dear to me, saw what was coming and purchased one. This started the journey of our business, Sisters Photography.  We have travelled, relocated, and found ourselves drifting to the same calling. We love art, we love passion, and we want to tell stories by all the images we take.

Thank you for your time reading my first blog. I will be posting more as I travel the road of photography.

Let us tell your story!

Kristine Wahner


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment